Friday, February 25, 2011

Love Life. Do Good. Live Well.

Happy Friday, everyone! I had planned to have a really busy day today but my plans got changed by the 5" of snow that we got last night and I heard that the roads were terrible this morning. :( Boo We had planned to go to the gym for my favorite class of the week; strike and then we were going to go to lunch with some friends and then were going to go to a bounce place called Monkey Joe's. As it turns out, most of our friends that were going to go with us are sick so we're going to try to reschedule it for next week!

Since I updated last, on Tuesday, I did ashtanga (which is also another favorite class) and I ran a mile. I also have been speaking with a couple of instructors about becoming certified to teach some classes and just not really sure what I want to do, still giving it more thought. I really would love to teach but do I have the personality for it and will I make any money at it? If I'm doing something I love, money isn't a huge concern but it will be for my husband! :)

On Tuesday afternoon, we had a playdate with Quinton, Bradley and Barrett, all the boys had a good time and Wes was pooped after they left!

Wednesday, did my usual spinning and piyo. I guess I really can't say that strike is my favorite b/c I love ashtanga and piyo too! :) I don't think we did much Wednesday afternoon other tthan cleaning and laundry. OH, Wes did have speech therapy on Wednesday and he said a 3 word sentence, yay!!! He said Go Blue Car! yay Wes!

Thursday, I decided to get back into the pool because it has been forever since I swam. I spent a lot of the day procrastinating but we did finally make it to the gym. I took Wes swimming for a little while and he had a blast, when we first got there and I asked him if he wanted to go swimming, he said no but I took him out to the pool and showed him and when we went back to put our swimsuits on, he agreed to it. He ended up having so much fun splashing around, blowing bubbles and practice kicking. I decided that I think I'm going to do this every Thursday. Then I threw on a towel and a hoody and took him to childcare (well I got him dressed first) and then I came back and swam laps. I did quite a bit of freestyle with fins on and just upper body with a buoy between my legs. I am definitely not a great swimmer, at all but I feel like I did pretty well considering it has been since last August since I swam. I swam for about 45 minutes and then went to take a shower, I was definitely exhausted after swimming, it takes so much out of you!

Today, as I said, I'm stuck at home for the time being and I went out and shoveled snow already and burned 250 calories in 30 minutes, it's a heavy wet snow too so it was a great workout. I really just wanted to update the blog and see where I'm at for the week and then I'm going to go do the p90x kenpo. One thing I have been having a really hard time with is getting weights in. I'm really unmotivated to do it now so if anyone has any suggestions for me, let me know!

Here's my workout log for the week:
Sunday - weights for 45 minutes 100 calories burned
Monday - turbo for 60 minutes 750 calories burned
Tuesday - ashtanga and ran a mile for about 75 minutes 700 calories burned
Wednesday - spinning and piyo for about 110 minutes 1000 calories burned
Thursday - swimming for 45 minutes burned 345 calories (according to my fitness pal, I didn't wear my heart rate monitor)
Friday - (so far)... shoveling snow for 30 minutes burned 250 calories

So I have burned 3,945 calories this week.

Week 1 - 4,200 calories burned
Week 2 - 3,500 calories burned
Week 3 - 4,150 calories burned
Week 4 - 6,055 calories burned
Week 5 - 4,850 calories burned
Week 6 - 3,945 calories burned (so far)

1 comments:

Dana said...

You are doing awesome, Brooke! Seeing the number of calories you have burned is AMAZING!!! I'm sorry you can't get out of the house today, but hopefully you can still get in a workout and spend precious time with Wes!! Keep up the great work!